Friday, March 3, 2017

Day 3 - Making Room In The Schedule

Today despite the fact I am still sick I am heading back to my day job. I slept well for the first night in almost a week which I am hoping means I am finally starting to get better. But because I have been under the weather I managed to nap my way out of writing or exercising yesterday. It was not something I intended to do just as I didn't mean to sleep thirteen hours last night but it was what my body needed. Now I am determined to make up the time of writing and working out.

Exercise will come tonight after I get done with work. Usually I come home and chill out on the couch until it is time to go to bed but tonight, body willing, I will do the lite home exercises and stretching I had intended to do yesterday so that at least I do not fall any further behind. Instead of reading when I go to bed I will take my computer and write instead. I have a number of projects that can keep me occupied so that is not a concern.

When I initially designed this challenge I decided I would wake up extremely early (for me) around 6:45am. That would give me half an hour to get dressed, make a quick breakfast and get into the office to start my hour of writing. After that I would leave around 8:30 for the gym arriving by 9ish for a class to get me going before work. On the days I was off I would run errands and clean the house before starting any moe writing I wished to accomplish. It turns out that I am absolutely not a morning person.

I can manage to wake up in time to go to the classes most of the time but there is no way I can get my brain to cooperate that early. Instead I will need to modify my original plans in order to fit the writing time in. I have struggled with it for years but I am determined to make up that hour I missed yesterday and keep getting the hour in everyday. With any luck once I am able to squeeze out an hour everyday I will be able to make more time and complete additional projects to help move forward.

It may be that eventually I will be going an hour of writing and an hour of editing or promoting but right now the focus is on writing exclusively. Keeping a schedule isn't the most important thing. What is important is not letting go of the goals and staying determined enough to push through when things don't go according to plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment