Sunday, May 21, 2017

Day 82 - Recovery

Yesterday when I should have been up writing my Day 81 post I was getting some much needed sleep. For those that follow this blog periodically you know my boyfriend and support system is making a cross-country motorcycle trip in honor of those who are unable to make the trip themselves. A few nights ago he had a small setback and found himself feeling lost. While I have never made a trip like the one he is on I have definitely felt lost and needed help form those around me.

He has since rejoined his group and I couldn't be more proud of what he is doing and the fact that he accepted assistance and returned even though it was difficult. What he is doing is not writing related in any way yet as I see him moving forward on his journey it inspires me to keep achieving new levels in my writing passion as well. The books I am writing are emotional and have times of darkness I wish I didn't have to write. But they are important to the story and to reaching the final destiny of each character.

No matter what you are doing in life there will be things that happen you wish you could hit fast forward and avoid. Whether you are writing a novel, making a long trip or just dealing with day to day activities you will always have to handle things that come up and may be unpleasant. As the old saying goes however, it isn't if you fall down it's that you get back up. Everyone has setbacks. Everyone has struggles. Stepping back to reanalyze or readjust isn't what counts, you just have to find your inner strength and move forward again.

Recovering from an issue says far more than the fact the issue arose in the first place. It is important to know you are not alone when you struggle. We all need that support from time to time. I am thrilled to be here when my boyfriend needs me and he has sat by my side more times than I can count when I have fallen down. We have been together seven years and in that time I have grown more, learned more and healed more than I ever dreamed possible. My other friends have pushed me on but he  and my mom have been the largest reasons I have come as far as I have. I cannot thank either of them enough for helping me anytime I need a little recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment