Friday, January 9, 2015

Love of Animals

As I am writing my novel focusing on PTSD I am also working hard on the next volumes for my charity series Rescue Me. They are anthologies full of animal stories, poems and dedications. I began this project last year after becoming friends with a very inspiring woman who had created an charity anthology of her own all about music called Rock & Roll Saved My Soul.

With the help of Kate I was able to publish Volume 1 in November. It went over well and I am thrilled that I am able to donate all proceeds to a very worthy organization War Dogs Making It Home located in Chicago, IL. They take rescue dogs and train them to be service dogs for veterans wit PTSD and TBI, obviously a cause close to my heart.

I have four feline friends of my own that are all rescues and the will be featured in the cat edition benefiting The Cat Network. I have also grown up with dogs, cats, fish and even rodents. I have loved all of my animals and as I have gotten older I have tried to become more involved with local rescues and shelters.

I am currently looking for submissions for the next four editions. There is a deadline but I am willing to extend it if I get people interested that aren't able to make the current one in order to make sure everyone is included. The volumes accepting submissions are:
Feline - Purrfect Companions, benefiting The Cat Network
Canine - Man's Best Friend, benefiting National Mill Dog Foundation
Volume 2 - More Stories of Hope, National Search Dog Foundation
Senior / Special Needs - Against All Odds, benefiting Leave No Paws Behind

The picture shown at the top of this post is from a rescue pet store I checked out while backpacking in Japan. Even internationally I am drawn to anything that has to do with animals. I will admit that I looked into the possibility of doing an international adoption to bring her home with me but it wasn't feasible. I did follow up though and I was able to confirm that she was adopted just two days later.

My animals are my companions, my comfort and my daily inspiration. I cannot wait to see the stories that people submit and to bring awareness for all of these deserving organizations. Please feel free to contact me either here or on Facebook. I can be reached either on my author page Renee Jean or on the page for the series Rescue Me - Animal Anthology.

No comments:

Post a Comment