Monday, September 26, 2022

Day 4 - September 25

 Everything is so green! I know it sounds funny to be amazed by that, especially because I grew up in the midwest, but having been in the desert for years now you can begin to forget. I love my home in Las Vegas and find the colors of the mountains and surrounding areas to be gorgeous but here it is all rolling hills and green everywhere around me which is equally beautiful. 

Speaking of rolling hills, I think the entire state of Missouri is made of them. Riding, driving, however you get across them it is like a roller coaster. The temperature was a bit lower today which was nice though there was definitely an increase in windspeed. None of that mattered though, we couldn't stop staring at the scenery around us. Being in the more rural parts of the state a lot of the areas we go through look similar but we did get to go through the Route 66 State Park and it was breath-taking. We followed a scenic loop and even took a couple minutes to check out the visitor center where I got to tell the man at the front desk about my ride and he asked me to sign the guest book and give a short description of what I was doing so he could tell others about us. 

As we made our way further along we passed the World's Largest Rocker and I was able to not only get a picture with the rocker and my bike but also a group shot of me and my bike with a group of motorcyclists who are also touring Route 66. They are from Australia but had heard of the Run For The Wall motorcycle trip my husband takes that helped inspire my ride. It was fun and we all laughed about bikes and bikes on Route 66.

The end of the day was peaceful as we came into Waynesville, MO. There was a huge hill leading down to my final stop and my mom joked I should ride back up it and to the hotel since it was only a couple miles away. We decided not to try that though and instead got settled in then grabbed some dinner. We have been trying to check out new places or Route 66 spots but we went for Cracker Barrel because it just sounded too good to pass up. After that we went to the pool / fitness center for some stretching and swimming before passing out for the night.

If you want to see the pictures and videos shared from the trip you can check out the Facebook page Ride 22 on 66 and for more information on the ride and the charities you can see the Ride 22 on 66 tab of my website www.writingforces.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment