Thursday, October 8, 2015

Book Promotion - Rescue Me

Early last year I was reading through my copy of Rock & Roll Saved My Soul and working a few short stories for contributions of my own when I was struck by the thought that I could do something similar to help animals. My heart and soul have always belonged to pets, especially ones that need homes so I started researching groups I could contribute to. 

I was already working on a novel called Sharing Strength which is dedicated to raising awareness for people suffering from PTSD. I found a group in Chicago that takes rescue dogs and trains them to be service dogs for veterans with PTSD and TBI. My dear friend Kate the founder of Rock & Roll Saved My Soul used the series to develop a charity publisher and helped me collect and format the contributed stories putting them together and we released the book just under a year ago.

I wanted to share the synopsis with my readers here as well as the cover. Here is the synopsis:

Unwanted. Abused. Abandoned. Animals so often end up in terrible situations with no way to tell us what they have endured having only their eyes and moans to plead to be saved.

But there are thousands across the country forming the Rescue community that hear the calls and become their voice. They take in the weak and the wounded offering a chance to experience a life the animals could never imagine.

Rescue Me is a collection of stories and poems dedicated to the animals and their saviors. It will take you on a journey of love, hope and redemption.

No comments:

Post a Comment