Sunday, February 15, 2015

Thanking Life of Brian

Yesterday I was given the opportunity to go to an event in honor of the dog shown above. Brian was obviously abused and neglected to a point that no one expected him to survive. Celebrating one year of rescue yesterday I saw a happy healthy dog that while still shy in a few ways and hesitant to be left alone, is completely reformed from a year ago.

I drove the 5 hours to Sherman Oaks California from my home in Las Vegas for the sake of meeting Brian and even more importantly his owner Dana. She has been a tremendous supporter of my charity book Rescue Me in which Brian appears as well as his rescue organization Leave No Paws Behind. I was shown love and support for coming and she made sure to tell people about my project as well as was happy to share more stories for upcoming editions of my series.

I had so much fun helping out with the party and cannot begin to describe the inspiration of seeing an animal so loved that his entire life and outlook upon it was transformed. I did the return drive last night as well reaching home about 1:30am. It was exhausting but entirely worth it and as someone involved in he creation of my rescue me book it was an honor to be included. It reminded me of how important as well as rewarding it is to be involved actively with those that help in my writing.

I want to thank Dana for allowing me to share this story and being so involved and welcoming to me and my writing and I am looking forward soon to trying to be more involved with additional groups and people that have been a part of my books.

No comments:

Post a Comment