Friday, February 6, 2015

Kid's Books

For the past few years I have been working diligently on my novels and have learned a great deal from the indie publishing world. I have a number of projects that I am currently writing and if all goes well I will have drafted, edited and submitted eight full length novels by the end of 2015. I of course also have my charity books that mean the world to me and could never begin to express my gratitude for those that support this project.

However there are two more writing related focuses I have that at times fall by the wayside. One I have been involved with since I was in second grade is poetry. It began as just a single four line stanza making sure the last words in lines two and four rhymed. It rarely made sense, it was extremely juvenile but it was mine and and I was proud of it. My poetry has since evolved to contain messages, tell stories and paint emotional pictures from my heart. I share pieces from time to time as I write occasionally with the honest hope that I will gather it all into one collection for possible publication some day.

While I am dabbling in poetry and creating my novels I also have one more passion that I keep somewhat hidden as I research and explore, I write children's books. I have been writing a series that I am hoping to find a publishing company that I can interest in the project. It is for a niche market but I feel with my marketing campaign it could actually reach a rather wide audience. By the end of 2016 I am hoping to have the manuscripts for the entire series ready to present and the full campaign created for presentation.

While speaking with a few members of a writing group recently I had mentioned that I am interested in creating this new market for children's books and it was suggested that I write a kid's storybook about animal rescue that could promote the importance of volunteering, fostering and adopting. Even with all of the projects I have on my to do list I couldn't resist the chance to reach children while at the same time supporting animals.

it got me wondering what types of projects would you not be able to resist adding to your to do list?

No comments:

Post a Comment