Thursday, December 18, 2014

Getting Ready for the New Year

As I have gone through the last few years I have been making goals instead of resolutions. I have made a number of them over the last two and I am proud to say that I have completed the majority of them. There are still a few however that have nagged at me and I am once again preparing my list for the year to come with those same goals.

The first thing I try to focus on as a goal is my health. I have suffered immensely in that respect. Numerous trips to the hospital, medications galore and stress breaking my spirit. One of the biggest things I need to work on is being active. I struggle to go to the gym because I need something to actually train for and not just get on a treadmill or try to just lift some weights without having a sense of direction.

I am a competitive person so I have definitely noticed that the classes are the better route for me to workout. With other people around me pushing themselves to complete the exercises, to add weight or increase speed I cannot help but do my best to prove I can keep up. I have found that picking things like the Spartan Race obstacle course or finishing the seventy five mile Viva Bike Vegas give me the drive to go harder and farther in my training. I am still pushing hard to lose the last of my weight, get toned and improve my overall health through the exercising and hopefully constantly working to eat healthier as well.

The other goal that I am adding once again is my financial one. I have chosen a number of bills that need to be paid off in order to secure financial freedom as well as be able to invest further in my writing. In order to make this happen I took on a second job over two years ago. I have mapped it out now though and I am deeply focused on making 2015 the year I achieve this dream and can finally get some time to work on my other goals.

The last and, for me, the most important one is getting more of my books published and getting more projects written. I have learned more than I could have expected from being an Indie author this year but I have always dreamed of having a traditional contract with a large publishing house and I am going to be making a drive to make it a reality this coming year. Rescue Me becoming a better known charity series is another check on the list.

What are some of your goals for the upcoming year?

No comments:

Post a Comment