Sunday, November 29, 2015

Working On My Goals

For the past week I have extremely sick and unable to function much beyond what I had to for my day job, a few times even falling short in that respect. Now with Nano coming to a close for another year I am frantically playing catch up once more. I had been on track to complete my novel last Monday breezing into the winner's circle. Now, as has been my habit the last few years, I will scuttle across the finish line most likely on the last day of the month.

I will finish and for that I am grateful to my extremely supportive team and the encouragement of my family and friends, writers and non-writers alike. Like any hobby, passion or dream it is vital to surround yourself with the right people. The team I have is incredible. They are always pushing me to do things like finish Nano, hold live events, attend conferences and have the faith to submit my work. I owe them the largest debt of gratitude for the fact that they keep me going.

As December approaches many of us from the Nano community will be looking ahead to what comes next after we are done with the initial creative process. For me that actually means a little more writing before I can take another step. I have two other books that I started and I want to finish both of the drafts by the end of the year so that when I dedicate January and February to editing and refining I can work on all five of my drafts. As each book becomes ready for submission I will be working off lists of agents and publishers for all of them to try and make the connection for a traditional publishing contract.

I love being an Indie author but it has been a dream of mine since I began the journey so many years ago to reach the traditional level and find an agent I can work with to find a wider audience. I will continue to publish as an Indie author as well for my charity books and short stories. I enjoy being a part of the anthologies and of course my friends and fellow Domestic Abuse Awareness Warriors I believe we are just getting started. It may be a month early but I am considering this to be the first declaration of my New Year's goals. I have several others but my writing and publishing goals will definitely be one of the biggest priorities in 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment