Thursday, July 10, 2014

Growing

One of the most important things about becoming a successful writer or any kind of artist is to get your name and your work out there. There are several ways of course to do this such as being a leading expert in the field you are writing, being a celebrity always comes with a large following and having a tie to a trending topic. Then there are those we all strive to be, the ones that create a world and characters that capture the hearts and imaginations of millions across the world.


I will openly admit that I am not a celebrity or leading expert in the world of dance and I missed the huge trend when Dancing With The Stars and So You Think You Can Dance were at the peak of their popularity. I do not have any of professional dancers endorsing me and the city of Chicago has not publicly gotten behind me or my books. I am relatively unknown at this point so I am reaching out and doing any signings or shows I can get into.



I am asking my friends to spread the word by posting reviews of my book on Amazon and Goodreads any chance they get as well as simply telling people about my book. I have done the social media thing though being that my novel is not a trending and popular genre I am struggling in that arena. So I am now reaching out to any readers here as well, please comment and let me know any ways you hear about and become in new books? What can I do to grow my readership and get my name to reach beyond the current readership of friends and family I have created?




I am fairly confident I will be able to get my name out further with later books but this one is just as important to me as any future projects. I have possible endorsement for Sharing Strength and Rescue Me is partnering with a wonderful charity and I am working on a Children's series that is currently nominated for a fantastic award. I do not want to sit back and say oh well the next one can be the one to  get my name out, I am looking to do the leg work on an unknown piece so that future books and series have a leg up and can enjoy a greater readership.




I have lofty goals including certain sales numbers for this debut novel and hopefully winning the award for my kid's books. I am determined to make the New York Times Bestseller list someday and to be considered successful in the field. I want to be able to write full time and focus on meeting my readers and finding my inspiration in the lives of myself and those around me as I always have. I deeply desire to grow as an artist and create realms beyond my current limits.




The most important thing I have learned in life is that whether it is solving a problem or improving a life situation or in my case growing both personally and professionally it takes more than just yourself to do it. It is such a cliché but it really does take a village in order to move ahead. I look forward to hearing ideas and hopefully creating a discussion about ways to reach more wonderful readers like yourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment