Friday, February 28, 2014

Dream Love - poem for an anthology


My heart beats, my breath shudders

At this expressive moment’s pass

My body tingles, my eye lids flutter

I know this dream will never last

 

As down I lay, and dreams may come

To fill my sleeping mind

Alone I drift, through the unconscious sea

Until home again I find

 

My moment is now, as it always is

To prove my life so true

For tomorrow may never come

And this my last moment with you

 

Then let us lay arm in arm

And hold each other tight

Letting passion over take us

We shall make love all through the night

 

I feel your tender touch

Your lips upon mine

We shall live forever in this moment

We will exist only in this time

 

Whispered words, a gentle caress

And impassioned thoughts abound

Raising us up in this mystical world

We are soaring high above the ground

 

But suddenly our moment is over

I feel myself slip away

Morning has come and again I awake

To the light of a new dawning day

 

But my body does remember

It’s a feeling I cannot deny

Remember me for now my love

Soon again we will try

 

I will return to bed and dream of you

Again in the fading light

May this new dream last forever

And we stay together always in the night

No comments:

Post a Comment