Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Kitten's Corner - Jumping In

Hi everybody. My name is Oreo. I know the orange cat Pumpkin usually gets to talk to you but I wanted to say hello. I am new to the family. At only four months old I guess I am still kind of a baby. Mom keeps saying she feels like she was a baby when she wrote the book she is working on fixing up. I don't know what that means but she has gone through two of those red pens already.

When her and dad first adopted me I was a little nervous. I was brought to a shelter when I was only a few weeks old and spent my whole time in one cage or another. When we got here I was scared but they sat with me and played and soon I was ready to explore. It didn't take me long to find out how fun it is to try new things. I am learning all the time.

Mom talks to dad about learning too. She says every time she writes a book she learns something. She is also busy getting ready for some event that is filling the house with lots of red stuff and stacks of books. She said they are for something called a book drive. She seems to like her writing even though it means she stays in her office for a long time and drinks a lot of that hot brown stuff she calls coffee. As long as we get to have our play time I think I can let her do her work.

I am still a little skittish around people, even mom and dad when they move too fast. I play all the time and love to get the other cat's tails. I wale ays win at that game. Mom said it she is impressed that I was able to join the family so quickly. It was just a matter of jumping in. She says that is what she is doing with all of her writing stuff too. Pushing the fear aside and going for it. Maybe I will have to be a little more brave and stop hiding when people are loud or reach for me. But for now I better get going. I think I hear Pumpkin coming this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment