Sunday, February 6, 2022

Ride 22 On 66



It has been a long time since I sat down to write anything here. Like most I struggled during the shut down. The time away from a job I love was frustrating, the time separated from friends and family was devastating. So many people fought anxiety, depression, and fear as they made their way through the trials of 2020 and even last year in 2021. I was no different.

I am fortunate enough to have close friends and a loving family that have stood by my side through the rough times and they can all tell you how hard it was to make it this far. One of the things that kept me focused and moving forward was my book series, Sharing Strength. From the beginning of the shut down up until last September I have worked diligently to finish the last three books in the series. Crash came first, released May 6th 2020. That was followed by Combat, released on February 27th, 2021. And finally Sharing Strength was published on August 8th, 2021 and we held the official launch party September 18th kicking off the countdown to what will be the adventure of a lifetime, Ride 22 On 66.

All five of the books in the series; Survivor, Fish, Crash, Combat, and Sharing Strength have charities connected to them. 

Survivor - National Coalition Against Domestic Violence
Fish - RAINN - Rape Abuse Incest National Network
Crash - The Code Green Campaign
Combat - Mission 22
Sharing Strength - National Suicide Prevention Hotline

I was diagnosed with PTSD when I was 22 years old and over the past 9.5 years I have discovered cycling as a wonderful therapy when I am stressed and I designed a way to use this to try and help these organizations that do so much for people like me. 

On September 22nd of this year I will be riding from Chicago, IL to Santa Monica, CA along Route 66 over the course of 22 days. I am riding for those who are struggling, those like me who feel they are alone sometimes and need to know they're not. I will be raising money through a GoFundMe page and the total raised will be divided equally between the 5 charities. I will chronicle my training and ride adventures here as well as through the Facebook page created for the event. I also have a page on my website I will be updating throughout the journey. I hope you will follow along as this adventure gets closer and if you would like more information I will have charity information on my website.

www.writingforces.com

 

No comments:

Post a Comment